Get to know the country by traveling and working
Do you enjoy spending time in Japan but also feel the urge to be more than a tourist? Our Work and Travel program will give you the chance to do so! Experience real life in Japan, work alongside the locals and earn money to cover your travel expenses.
Upon your arrival, one of our staff members will welcome you at the airport. You do not need to worry about your luggage or how to get to your accommodation. We will take you there. You will also receive a welcome package with interesting and useful information about your stay but first of all, you can relax and gather energy at your new accommodation. On your first day, a Monday, we will show you the beautiful heart of Fukuoka during an approximately two-hour city tour. We will show you the best places to buy stationary and food, where to convert money and send letters as well as other interesting sights such as an old Japanese temple or one of the many lively shopping malls. Fukuoka is located in on the southern island of Kyushu, and has been ranked among the 15 most livable cities worldwide by Monocle magazine for many years.
On Tuesday, we invite you to an orientation course to answer all questions and decide the next steps together. For example, we will help you getting your “Resident Card” in case you have not received it yet. This card will enable you to open a bank account and to purchase a cell phone. Of course, we will assist you with those as well. We will provide information about how to find work, give advice about traveling in Japan and first-hand insight on renting a room or apartment. In short, we will provide everything you need for a flying start of your Work and Travel experience.
We also have an around-the-clock emergency contact (in Japanese, English and German) and office space (desk, PC, Internet access and more) free for you to use during your time in Fukuoka.
– Orientation course (General information, Living and traveling in Japan, Famous sights and leisure activities, Useful contacts)
– Preparing application papers
– Free to use office space (desk, PC, internet access, printer, fax, telephone, scanner)
– Free and fun Japanese Study Group
– Free participation in our Language Tandem program
– Get your own Inkan
– Assistance with getting a cell phone
– Assistance with finding a job
– Assistance with opening a bank account
– Assistance with postal services in Japan such as forwarding packages and letters
– Contact people for all questions, guidance or possible problems during your whole stay
Starting date and duration: All year, 12 to 52 weeks possible
Language skills: Elementary Japanese (JLPT N4) is required; fluent English is recommended. If you think your Japanese skills are insufficient, you can participate in one of our language courses.
Term of application: 1-3 months before arrival
|Working Holiday Visa|
– National of one of the following countries:
Australia, Austria, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Poland, Slovakia, South Korea, Taiwan or the UK.
– No children to take care of
– Evidence of about 200 000 Yen in your local currency on your current bank account
– Visa is valid for up to 1 year after entering Japan
– You can get this visa only once in your life
– For further information, please visit the official website.
Optional language courses (20 lessons): 30 000 Yen per week (plus 19 000 Yen enrollment fee)